Saturday, February 21, 2009

30 years later...

February 20, 1979 was my due to arrive in this world, needless to say I came a little late...March 4, 1979. However, February 20, 2009 I found out I was pregnant. I took the test when I woke up, thinking it would be negative and I would call the doctor for the next round of meds. Instead it was positive. I couldn't believe it. I made an appointment for that afternoon and there was another positive test at the doctors office. Unreal...this can't be right, they were negative before! Dr. Earl then did an ultrasound and found that "everything looks like it should, but I can't see Brett." (See...Lawrence and I jokingly told Dr. Earl that if I ended up pregnant we would name the baby after him, and his first name is Brett.) I asked him if he SHOULD be able to see the baby and he said that he souldn't be because it is too early...pheww. He said that everything else looked good though, there was fluid (eww, I know) where there should be and other signs of pregnancy. OK, I'll buy that reasoning...he is the expert at knocking women up.

So, after the exam he wanted to have a blood test on file, did that, will find out the results on Monday since it was 4:45 on a Friday, then I go back in a couple weeks for another ultrasound. When he is able to confirm the pregnancy with an ultrasound I get sent to another doctor in the practice who takes over. See, Dr. Earl just gets women pregnant and then sends them to other doctors in the practice. I told him that is typical male behavior. Frankly, I want to get him a tshirt that says, "I got 1000 women pregnant and don't pay child support!"

It's weird...I have had all of the symptoms, but didn't believe it. I just pray this goes OK, because I am so scared, and yet calm at the same time. I guess you are not as nervous when you have gone through a pregnancy before. But, considering the pregnancy with Nathan was not easy by any means, you would think I would be more nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment